Germany’s new coalition government has presented its plans for their time in-charge, for the next four years. They are intending sweeping changes, a lot of them having a direct effect for migrants and refugees – including an easier path to citizenship and family reunification. Listed below are some of the key takeaways from their announcement:
– The coalition agreement of the traffic light parties: FDP, Greens and SPD want to reform the citizenship law.
– The conditions for acquiring German citizenship are to be made easier and are to be possible after just five years in Germany – the time can even be shortened to three years through special integration achievements.
– Children born in Germany are to be granted German citizenship immediately at birth if one parent has lived in Germany for at least five years.
– The SPD, Greens and FDP want to simplify naturalization by lowering the required language level, even for guest worker families.
– The new coalition agreement enshrines the new citizenship law, which is also to enable multiple citizenship. It is to be possible to acquire German citizenship alongside other citizenships – this is colloquially known as “Dual Citizenship”.
German Naturalisation is becoming easier. Get in touch with us to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking about launching a business in Germany? This guide will walk you through the process, covering essential steps and key consi......
If you're dreaming of self-employment in Germany, here's a guide to obtaining a residence permit for your freelance business. Cho......
So, you're thinking about working in Germany, but not sure where to start? We'll break it down into simple steps to help you on your......